MP3 length estimate inaccurate
|Status:||Closed||Start date:||May 21, 2014|
On some mp3's (maybe also other formats) I get wrong track lengths displayed. It appears this happens with specific types of mp3 files, since when it happens, it happens for the whole Album.
For reproducibilty I have uploaded an mp3 file which is actually 3:15 min long but Audacious shows 3:30 min.
This happens independent of the OS.
#1 Updated by John Lindgren almost 3 years ago
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
- Target version set to 3.6
- Status changed from New to Closed
- Category set to plugins/mpg123
- Subject changed from Wrong track length to MP3 length estimate inaccurate
Without a Xing header, mpg123 is only estimating the length of the MP3 file. In 3.6 there will be an option to read the entire MP3 file and calculate the length exactly: