Bug #552

Settings for the status icon plugin won't display / mimize to tray not possible with KDE Plasma 5.3.1

Added by S P about 2 years ago. Updated about 2 years ago.

Status:Rejected Start date:June 09, 2015
Priority:Minor Due date:
Assignee:- % Done:

0%

Category:-
Target version:-
Affects version:3.6.2

Description

The settings menu for the status-icon plugin does not pop up if its clicked in the menu. The status icon in the tray is present though and works properly. But audacious cannot be minimzed to the tray.

When starting Audacious via the command line this message is spit out:

WARNING plugin-init.cc:147 [start_multi]: Status-Icon failed to start.

Version 3.6.2 running Kubuntu 15.04 with KDE Plasma 5.3.1

Bildschirmfoto2.png (2 MB) S P, June 11, 2015 21:57

Bildschirmfoto3.png (2.1 MB) S P, June 12, 2015 01:03

status icon.png (78.2 kB) John Lindgren, June 12, 2015 02:16

History

#1 Updated by John Lindgren about 2 years ago

Are you using the Qt interface? The status icon only works with the GTK and Winamp interfaces.

#2 Updated by S P about 2 years ago

John Lindgren wrote:

Are you using the Qt interface? The status icon only works with the GTK and Winamp interfaces.

Yes, the Qt interface. And the status icon works fine.

#3 Updated by John Lindgren about 2 years ago

I think you may not be looking at the status icon but only at the Audacious icon in KDE's task switcher. Please attach a screenshot so we can try to clear up the confusion. The status icon will not load at all if you are using the Qt interface (it explicitly checks this on startup).

#4 Updated by S P about 2 years ago

John Lindgren wrote:

I think you may not be looking at the status icon but only at the Audacious icon in KDE's task switcher. Please attach a screenshot so we can try to clear up the confusion. The status icon will not load at all if you are using the Qt interface (it explicitly checks this on startup).

See screenshot.

#5 Updated by John Lindgren about 2 years ago

No status icon there. No taskbar, even??

#6 Updated by S P about 2 years ago

John Lindgren wrote:

No status icon there. No taskbar, even??

I have the autohide function on for the taskbar thats why. I thought the popup would be sufficient (belongs to the status icon as I understand it). Well, here is another with the taskbar shown.

#7 Updated by John Lindgren about 2 years ago

The popup in your screenshot is part of KDE and communicates with Audacious through the MPRIS 2 interface. It has nothing to do with the status icon. This is what the status icon looks like (in XFCE, with the GTK2 interface):

#8 Updated by John Lindgren about 2 years ago

  • Status changed from New to Rejected

#9 Updated by S P about 2 years ago

John Lindgren wrote:

The popup in your screenshot is part of KDE and communicates with Audacious through the MPRIS 2 interface. It has nothing to do with the status icon. This is what the status icon looks like (in XFCE, with the GTK2 interface):

Learned something, thanks! Its similar though.

Also available in: Atom PDF