Project

General

Audacious as Default Player on Windows

Added by El Dainosor about 6 years ago

Hey, i got some trouble with audacious and Windows (7 and now, 8.1). I love Audacious and i want to have it like a Default audio player on my computer, so here is when the trouble comes...

I want to play this song with Audacious, now i'm selecting the executable in the bin files

I selected Audacious now... but when the player is open...

Always got this error message. I tried changing the plugin to decode the file name (With File I/O, GIO, only GIO, Only File I/O) and always happen the same.
There's a way to set audacious like a default player on Windows?
And thanks por comments or help :)

Replies (7)

RE: Audacious as Default Player on Windows - Added by John Lindgren about 6 years ago

Try running Audacious in debug mode. Open a command prompt and run (for example):

c:\path\to\bin\audacious.exe -V c:\path\to\song.mp3 >log.txt 2>err.txt

This will create two log files (log.txt and err.txt) that will give us more insight into what is going wrong.

RE: Audacious as Default Player on Windows - Added by El Dainosor about 6 years ago

I do it with the same file and there's the result (pic and attached)

I don't know if the character "ú" in the folder name would be the trouble...

err.txt (588 Bytes) err.txt
log.txt (13.2 KB) log.txt

RE: Audacious as Default Player on Windows - Added by John Lindgren about 6 years ago

Hmm, the path to the MP3 file has spaces in it, so you will have to use quotation marks:

c:\path\to\bin\audacious.exe -V "c:\path with spaces\to\song.mp3" >log.txt 2>err.txt

RE: Audacious as Default Player on Windows - Added by El Dainosor about 6 years ago

I use quotes in the command prompt and i recieve the first Message box.
I attach the new err and log :)

err.txt (1.55 KB) err.txt

Thanks for the logs, they are very helpful. You were right, this has to do with the "ú" character in the folder name. I've written up a bug report with more details about the problem here [1]. I will make sure it gets fixed in 3.5, but maybe not before then.

[1] http://redmine.audacious-media-player.org/issues/392

Thanks, i'll be waiting the 3.5! So many thanks for the support

(1-7/7)