Project

General

Profile

Bug #361

memory corruption during attempt to use another plugin from the cue plugin

Added by Andrey Karpenko about 7 years ago. Updated about 7 years ago.

Status:
Rejected
Priority:
Major
Category:
core
Target version:
Start date:
October 21, 2013
Due date:
% Done:

0%

Estimated time:
Affects version:

Description

I have tried to make some improvement of cue plugin.
During my attempt I have found a strange memory corruption. It happens
not every time.
It is only happens after:
base_tuple = aud_file_read_tuple (filename, decoder);
It is easy to find that place in cue.c.

It breaks data stored in memory allocated form the heap using malloc() .

To reproduce it I need to open using "open files" the same cue file ( a lot of tracks and
only one flac file) 5-10 times. I will get distorted lengths of the songs.
My system is Ubuntu 13.04.

History

#1 Updated by John Lindgren about 7 years ago

Two important questions:

1) What change did you make to the cue plugin?

2) Did the memory corruption occur before or after you made that change?

#2 Updated by Andrey Karpenko about 7 years ago

Hi John
I have made double check to be sure.
And I have found the problem.
I have configured audacious again with recommended command './configure --prefix=/usr' instead of './configure' , and all bugs have disappeared, original and improved version of cue plugin work without problems.

May be the old version from ubuntu repository was not completely uninstalled and it was a mix of old and new files. I don't know why ;( because, I have used purge option to do it.

Thank you for your help. I think it a time to close this bug ;)

Ones more question. How can I add the improved cue plugin to main stream source code.
Thanks

#3 Updated by John Lindgren about 7 years ago

  • Status changed from New to Rejected

Andrey Karpenko wrote:

Thank you for your help. I think it a time to close this bug ;)

Closing.

Ones more question. How can I add the improved cue plugin to main stream source code.

First say how you improved it.

#4 Updated by Andrey Karpenko about 7 years ago

Hello John
I have already implement "express cue file repair possibility"
1) file extension auto detect (usually cue files containing links to files with .wav extension, but actually a media contains *.flac or *.mp3 files)
2) relative paths auto remove (usually cue files containing a wrong relative paths, but actually current directory contains the required audio files)
And I am going to implement some more improvements
for example:
1) possibility to read cue files containing links to multiple files and also the track number is bigger then number of files. Nowadays cue plugin cannot read such files correctly.
2)...

Also available in: Atom PDF