Audacious tries and fails to detect a disc in drive I: every time it opens
Whenever I start Audacious, a window pops up, saying: "There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disc into drive I:.". When I click "Continue," Audacious starts up just fine. There is indeed no disc in that drive, but it doesn't seem to have any effect on the function of Audacious. I'm running Windows 10 Home 64-bit.
#1 Updated by John Lindgren about 6 years ago
Do you have a playlist referencing files on I: ?
#2 Updated by Luke Tomaneng about 6 years ago
I've tried "Playlist > Remove unavailable files," as well as uninstalling and reinstalling Audacious. The error is still there. I do not recall adding any files from any drive other than C:.
#3 Updated by John Lindgren about 6 years ago
I don't know what is trying to access I: then. Maybe something in GLib. It would probably take a debugger backtrace to figure out. Unfortunately I have never seen this problem on my system.
#4 Updated by Luke Tomaneng about 6 years ago
What debugging tool should I use, and how?
#5 Updated by John Lindgren about 6 years ago
I would use GDB in a MinGW environment, but it's an involved process, so unfortunately I can't walk you through it.
#6 Updated by Luke Tomaneng about 6 years ago
Since Audacious seemed to retain my library (and the bug) after a reinstall, I assume Audacious relies on the Windows registry to maintain some of its settings. Can I delete or change some keys to do a completely clean reinstall?
#7 Updated by John Lindgren about 6 years ago
We don't keep any settings in the registry; they are under AppData\Local\audacious.
#8 Updated by Luke Tomaneng about 6 years ago
I have tried a clean reinstall of Audacious by using uninstall.exe, then deleting the folder you mentioned, then running the NSIS installer. I have done this with versions 3.8.2, 3.8.1, and 3.8., in that successive order. The bug persists.
#9 Updated by John Lindgren about 6 years ago
Inkscape has a similar bug report which turned out to be caused by GTK's "recent files" list:
If you can find a file named
.recently-used.xbel within your user folder, try deleting that file.
Otherwise it seems there is a Windows API function we could use to disable the message:
#10 Updated by John Lindgren about 6 years ago
- Category set to core
- Status changed from New to Closed
- Target version set to 3.9
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
Fixed in Git.