alarm plugin needs rewrite
When i enable the alarm plugin it force to enable an alarm, set to the time i do enable the plugin.
This can be very annoying if you do not remember this (or first time users).
Alarm should be not be enabled without active setting it.
#1 Updated by John Lindgren over 5 years ago
The current alarm plugin has several serious problems:
- Unsafe use of pthread_cancel() -- on a thread calling into GTK!
- Heavy use of GTK, which we are moving away from in favor of Qt
- Usability issues such as this one
In a future version we'll probably just remove it. A replacement shouldn't be terribly hard to write.
#4 Updated by John Lindgren about 1 year ago
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
- Target version set to 4.3
- Status changed from New to Closed
It's been over 4 years and nothing has been done to save the alarm plugin. I've removed it: