Tag editor improvements
November 14, 2019
The song info window of the Qt UI could be made into a much more useful tag editor with some improvements.
- Make field values editable with a single click; the current behavior ("click twice slowly") is awkward
- Allow navigating between fields with the Up and Down arrow keys while editing
- Enable the "Save" button only when changes are made, and disable again once successfully saved
- Add a "Revert" button to go back to on-disk values, and enable/disable with the "Save" button
- Display unsaved changes in bold text until saved
- We could do a cool stack/overlay of multiple album art images in place of the single image display
- The path label could just display something like "8 files selected"
- Set the text of the "Save" button to "Save 8 files" just to be extra clear
- Fields that were identical between all tags would be displayed and editable like normal
- Fields that differed between tags should be display disabled text like "Various; press Delete to clear all"
- Pressing the Delete key would clear the existing, different values and allow editing those fields