Bogus errors printed at end of .m4a file (due to use-after-free)
|Status:||Closed||Start date:||December 19, 2016|
When some .m4a files are played the error of:
Error playing file
This happens toward the end of the song, but despite the error audacious will keep on playing. Also when you try to play the song that has the error it will still play. Other audio players do not give an error.
More info can also be found here:
John Lindgren wrote:
- An example file
- Output of "audacious -V"
(output redacted for privacy reasons at request of author, relevant snippet is in next comment below)
#3 Updated by John Lindgren 3 months ago
- Status changed from New to Rejected
Your file is corrupt, not a bug:
ERROR ffaudio-core.cc:185 [aac]: <0x7f2b1407f200> channel element 3.0 is not allocated ERROR ffaudio-core.cc:214 [log_result]: avcodec_send_packet failed: Invalid data found when processing input
#4 Updated by John Lindgren 3 months ago
- Status changed from Rejected to New
I spoke too soon, there seems to be some memory handling issue between Audacious and FFmpeg. I am looking into it.
#5 Updated by John Lindgren 3 months ago
- Subject changed from Error playing file to Bogus errors printed at end of .m4a file (due to use-after-free)
- Category set to plugins/ffaudio
- Status changed from New to Closed
- Target version set to 3.8.2
- % Done changed from 0 to 100