Project

General

Seeking documentation for the script format used in Audacious' playlist: Song display - custom format - title string

Added by Agarthan Nephilim 15 days ago

Hi team. First post here.

I'm having trouble finding any documentation on the scripting used in Audacious' Playlist window when displaying custom song title formats - example:
${?artist:${artist} }${?album:[ ${album} ] }${?artist:- }${?track-number:${track-number}. }${title}

If I was asking the same question for Winamp's Playlist display, I could be pointed to the following resource, which still exists online for WinAmp users:
http://www.meggamusic.co.uk/winamp/docs/help/atf/atf.htm

Can anyone point me to a similar user guide to the scripting used in Audacious' Playlist window, for showing custom Song Title strings?

Note I did have had a few goes at rolling my own before coming here, but Audacious' version seems to lack conditional statements, which I need for what I'm trying to do.
Using WinAmp's scripting (called 'Advanced Title Formatting'), you could use something like:
[%artist% - ]$if2(title,$filepart(filename))
In this example, the script includes a conditional part ($if2): every song title with valid content in its title tag has that content shown; for any which do not, the file part of the filename tag is shown instead.

If anyone can share a link to the documentation, or even an example of how to do the same thing in Audacious, it would be super!

Many thanks, Agarthan

Replies (1)

RE: Seeking documentation for the script format used in Audacious' playlist: Song display - custom format - title string - Added by John Lindgren 9 days ago

I'm not sure if we have any real documentation, but here are some examples of conditionals:

${?album:TEXT} "if <album> is valid then 'TEXT' otherwise nothing"
${(empty)?album:TEXT} "if <album> is blank then 'TEXT' otherwise nothing"
${==genre,"Classical":TEXT} "if <genre> is 'Classical' then 'TEXT' otherwise nothing" (can also use !=)
${==year,1990:TEXT} "if <year> is equal to 1990 then 'TEXT' otherwise nothing" (can also use !=, <, <=, >, >=)

The most authoritative reference is probably the unit tests:
https://github.com/audacious-media-player/audacious/blob/master/src/libaudcore/tests/test.cc#L216

(1-1/1)