Project

General

Audacious Library Scan Complaining about Paths with special characters

Added by kent williams 24 days ago

I'll describe the events leading up to this issue, though I'm not sure what I did is relevant.

1. I had been using USB drive to store my library with no issues on Windows. It's a 4GByte NTFS drive.
2. I took the drive to work to listen to music on my Linux workstation (also with Audacious)
3. I detached the drive, brought it home and plugged it into my Windows machine.

Now Any time I tell it to scan my library, the scan stops on files/directories with spaces or special characters like '.' in the name. Attaching an example image, since I can't select the text of the error message.

I never had this problem until recently. Using Audacious 4.1 -- Also tried the 4.2 beta version and had the same problem.

!!audacious.jpg

Replies (2)

RE: Audacious Library Scan Complaining about Paths with special characters - Added by kent williams 24 days ago

I should add that it appears that the library scan stops as soon as it sees a file with a filename it doesn't like.

RE: Audacious Library Scan Complaining about Paths with special characters - Added by John Lindgren 24 days ago

The filename in the screenshot ends in a period, which (I think) is illegal on Windows.

(1-2/2)