Allow playlist columns to be resized
Currently playlist columns cannot be resized.
Also it will be very nice to have a menu item called "Automatically Resize Playlist Columns" so that Auducaious automatically resized columns to match their contents. If the user decides to resize them, then this menu item should get unticked automatically.
#5 Updated by John Lindgren over 7 years ago
- File aud-resize-columns.diff aud-resize-columns.diff added
- File gtkui-resize-columns.diff gtkui-resize-columns.diff added
1) Automatically resizing columns is not possible. We used to do it, but it makes GTK+ become very slow with a large playlist (as in, the CPU pegged at 100% for around 30 seconds).
2) Only calling gtk_tree_view_column_set_resizable() is not enough, because the column sizes are not synchronized between playlists and are lost when Audacious is closed and restarted.
I am attaching a patch that fully implements resizeable columns, but it cannot be applied right now because of some bugs in GTK+ that it exposes.
#6 Updated by John Lindgren over 7 years ago
The columns are now marked "resizable" to GTK+ . I am attaching an updated patch for gtkui that will save and restore column widths once the necessary patches  are applied to GTK+.
#7 Updated by John Lindgren over 7 years ago
- Status changed from New to Closed
- Target version set to 3.4
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
Above-mentioned patch is now committed. GTK+ 3.8+ is required for this to work correctly.