scrobbler2: Segmentation fault
If the new scrobbler2 plugin is enabled, I get randomly segfaults.
I did nothing except enabling it and playing some audio files.
A backtrace is attached.
#1 Updated by Luís Picciochi over 10 years ago
You're playing tracks without having associated the plugin with a last.fm account, is that it?
Can you show the title of a track where that happens?
#2 Updated by Luís Picciochi over 10 years ago
OK, I think I got it: did you set a track playing and then select another one while the first was still playing, without pausing or stopping it?
If so, I was able to reproduce this on my machine. Audacious doesn't call the "ended" or "stopped" hooks on such cases. I can workaround this but maybe the core should be calling one of those hooks.
#3 Updated by Thomas Lange over 10 years ago
- File backtrace_full.log backtrace_full.log added
You are right, I have not configured a Last.fm account.
But I still don't understand how to reproduce it. For me it happens randomly.
So how do you select another track while the first one is still playing?
#4 Updated by Luís Picciochi over 10 years ago
- Play track A;
- Without pressing pause or stop, play track B;
- When the track reaches a "scrobbable" state (i.e., half of it has played or 4 minutes have passed, whichever comes first), Audacious segfaults.
This happens because on step 2 the plugin didn't receive an "end" or "stop" signal.
#5 Updated by Thomas Lange over 10 years ago
- Assignee set to Luís Picciochi
#6 Updated by John Lindgren over 10 years ago
- Status changed from New to Closed
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
- Affects version 3.4-alpha1 added
- Affects version deleted (