License clarification would be nice
- README file doesn't mention the licensing
- there's file GPL2.txt
- there's file GPL3.txt
- libaudclient/audctrl.h is GPL2 only - just a typo?
- libeggsmclient/ is LGPL "v2 (or later)"
- libaudtag/ is GPL3, id3/ is GPL2 or 3 and GPL3
- libaudgui/ is some 2-clause BSD variant plus GPL3
- audtool/ is some 3-clause no-advertizing BSD variant
- audacious/ is GPL, GPL2 or GPL3, and GPL3
I've been under the assumption that the combined work "Audacious" applies the GPLv3 licensing terms, even if some source files apply a different but compatible Open Source license.
#1 Updated by John Lindgren over 9 years ago
The combined work is GPL3. Clarifying and correcting the copyright notices (individual and combined) is a work in progress. (At present, a number of files are still copyright "The Audacious Team", which was never a legal entity, to my knowledge, and has essentially dissolved.)
#3 Updated by John Lindgren about 9 years ago
- Status changed from New to Closed
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
The COPYING file gives the whole story now: