How to prevent playlist refocus on song change + how to CTRL+f and "find next"
Hello, I've used Audacious GTK version on Debian since the dawn of time. Despite the years using I have not been able to figure out these two things and they're driving me completely crazy. I mostly use Audacious GTK3 3.7.2 on Debian (upgrade later this year).
1. How do you prevent song change from causing the playlist to focus on the new song? This is super obnoxious when you try to do things with the playlist while music is playing.
2. The Find dialog CTRL+f works but it highlights songs and only positions the playlist on the first one found. But, I have a large playlist and much of the time I have the same song several times such as on different albums. How do you "Find next", or go to the next found/highlighted song?
Generally 1. is a gigantic annoyance while 2. is a minor one.
Otherwise thanks I love the Winamp emulation and the fact the devs tried to put up with GTK3 (which I also hate and I don't even program with it).
RE: How to prevent playlist refocus on song change + how to CTRL+f and "find next" - Added by John Lindgren 11 days ago
1. Uncheck the following setting: File -> Settings -> Appearance -> Miscellaneous -> Scroll on song change
2. Press Ctrl+F, type your search text, then use the Up and Down arrow keys to navigate between results.
RE: How to prevent playlist refocus on song change + how to CTRL+f and "find next" - Added by Paul Trevor 4 days ago
Thank you for the info, sorry for the slow reply from me
1. I see what happened now: I use the Winamp skin with 3.7.2, and under "File -> Settings -> Appearance -> Miscellaneous " there isn't a "Scroll on song change" setting there, but I just accidentally switched to non-Winamp skin just now, and the option appeared! So I take it it's not supported for the Winamp skins on 3.7.2?
2. Unfortunately this doesn't seem to work with Winamp skin either. I have the search on the mode where it doesn't clear the playlist and just highlights on the existing playlist (which is huge, so very sparse results). Sorry I forgot to specify that. But so, if I use Ctrl+F and Up/Down it doesn't work in this circumstance, it clears the selection and browses the non-selected items.
Seems like limitations of the Winamp skin, didn't realize it had these differences.
RE: How to prevent playlist refocus on song change + how to CTRL+f and "find next" - Added by John Lindgren 1 day ago
I see, yes, the Winamp UI has some limitations. The search function especially is clunky. On my to-do list is to improve the search function in the Qt port of the Winamp UI, probably reusing what we have in the "modern" Qt UI currently, which is much better.
RE: How to prevent playlist refocus on song change + how to CTRL+f and "find next" - Added by Thomas Lange 1 day ago
What about using the "Jump to Song" dialog? "CTRL+j" for the GTK interface, or simply "j" for the Winamp interface.
Disable the checkbox "Close on Jump", then search your song and use the arrow keys to switch to the next search result.