Project

General

Jump back/forward Buttons

Added by Chris Bristol 21 days ago

If I a listening to a play and miss a bit I want to jump back ten seconds by pressing a button (like YouTube), or as a second best move a pointer on a slider. I can't see how to do this, I have tried

Output>Audio Settings>Song Info>Show time scale for current song

but no slider appears, is this a bug or is it doing something else irrelevant to what I want?

Replies (8)

RE: Jump back/forward Buttons - Added by Thomas Lange 21 days ago

"Show time scale for current song" adds a progress bar into the pop-up when hovering a playlist entry.

What you want can be done with the arrow keys ("<-", "->").
With Audacious 4.0 the default value of 5 seconds will also be configurable in the settings.

RE: Jump back/forward Buttons - Added by Chris Bristol 21 days ago

@Thomas Lange

1) Doesn't allow me to move the pointer on the popup though.
2) Yes, that's great, that may convince me to switch from Clementine which has a nasty little time bar which was my reason for looking at Audacious.
3) I've only got 3.10.1 but I can do this already.

When I started the thread I had only found files for which there is no time bar in the header bar, so no movable pointer. I've now found some files for which there is a nice big time bar in the header, which is much more convenient than in a popup. Any idea why it doesn't always appear? They are all FLAC files.

RE: Jump back/forward Buttons - Added by Thomas Lange 19 days ago

Any idea why it doesn't always appear? They are all FLAC files.

Can other audio players read the track length properly?
You may file a bug report at https://redmine.audacious-media-player.org/projects/audacious/issues.
Attach a broken file to be able to reproduce the issue.

RE: Jump back/forward Buttons - Added by Chris Bristol 18 days ago

Done. Interestingly they are from AudioRecorder so it may be something that application is doing. I await the ping-pong.

I have created a short example and uploaded it. Interestingly the problem files I have found so far come from AudioRecorder, so it may be to do with the way that application creates its files - missing a file-end marker perhaps. If someone could define the problem I could report it as an error to AudioRecorder.

I have also reported this to the Audio-Recorder team.

RE: Jump back/forward Buttons - Added by Chris Bristol 11 days ago

Audacious support team states that "The file does not have a valid STREAMINFO block (https://xiph.org/flac/format.html#metadata_block_streaminfo)."
I have reported that to AudioRecorder.
Thanks for your help Thomas!

(1-8/8)