Project

General

Enable Alarm?

Added by Jazz Williams 11 days ago

Hello! I'm building from the source tarballs provided on the download page, but I'm having a little trouble getting the alarm plugin to work. I already enabled gtk in the ./configure of the main audacious, but when I try to ./configure the audacious-plugins, it tells me that the alarm won't be built. Is there a command line flag that I haven't set properly?

Replies (7)

RE: Enable Alarm? - Added by Thomas Lange 10 days ago

The Alarm plugin is only available with the GTK version.
Make sure to use "--enable-gtk" also for audacious-plugins.

RE: Enable Alarm? - Added by Jazz Williams 10 days ago

See I did that, and compiled with gtk, but it still says that alarm is disabled when I compile the plugins.

You said you have compiled Audacious with GTK support, but did you also use "./configure --enable-gtk" for the plugins?
The output of configure may also help, please attach it here.

Oh I'm sorry I just noticed that you said audacious-plugins also has --enable-gtk, I'll try that!

Okay so compiling with --enable-gtk SAYS it enables the alarm, but I can't find it under plugins. Attached are the terminal outputs.

make.txt (49.4 KB) make.txt Output of sudo make
configure.txt (9.27 KB) configure.txt Output of ./configure --enable-gtk
install.txt (36.6 KB) install.txt Output of sudo make install

You are probably still using the default Qt interface.
If you compile Audacious with GTK and Qt support, you need to start it explicitly with "-G" or "--gtk".
Alternatively use "--disable-qt" for the configure script. Again for both Audacious and the plugins.

Oh I see! I didn't realize that I had to launch it separately with gtk, thank you so much that helps immensely!

(1-7/7)