Crossfade plugin doesn't work on manual song change
Crossfade works OK on automatic song change but on manual song change it skips crossfading as if crossfade plugin is off.
#3 Updated by John Lindgren about 7 years ago
The problem is that right now a manual song change causes a full reset of the output stream, and there's currently no way for the crossfade plugin to prevent it. So while I agree that this would be a nice feature to have, it'll take some thought about how best to implement it.
#6 Updated by Valombre Delanhuyi almost 6 years ago
as i organise my newyear party i'll use my linux box with audacious and i am big fan of crossfade plugin.
I'll check for this feature because it's a must have when you manage different playlists, changing manually from a playlist to another kill the crossfade same as changing song manually.
Activate this option with checkbox would be great for parties !
Thanks for your attention on this one.
PS : 10 seconds crossfade max is just enough but more (20) would be great .. need another whishlist ?
#7 Updated by John Lindgren about 5 years ago
- Status changed from New to Closed
- Target version set to 3.6
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
I've implemented the following changes for 3.6:
- Added an option to crossfade on seek or manual song change, with a separate overlap setting.
- Increased the maximum overlap for automatic song change to 15 seconds.
- Added a new silence removal plugin which is useful for crossfading, but can also be used on its own.